Sunday, January 10, 2010

to you from rome!

i am in the computer lab @ my school...all of the rooms are small and quaint. previous to coming here i signed up for field trips for a weekend in tuscany (including wine tasting!) , a trip to the vatican to be in the papal audience, and a day in frascati, a small town outside rome that has a FASHION OUTLET. also planning a trip to orvieto with myself to eat @ the restaurants my father did and visit the place where i spent my first night in rome (sleeping in a dresser drawer, of course.)

last night the manchester united-barcelona game was held here, so there were 100,000 extra people in the city...i went to the pantheon and in the piazza there, barcelona fans started chanting their "theme song," resulting in echoing voices throughout the entire place. incredible, so much energy. yesterday was also monumental as i tasted my first gelato- noccioli, or hazelnut- and my first rabbit. the gelato was a little more my taste, but the rabbit was good too. they give you all parts of the animal because, according to my friend monica, "good rabbits are very small." the leg was the best part, tender and rich. it was served with cippolini-little white onions. oh and the ciocollato croissant (pane dolci in italian i think?) was divine. the pastries are incredibly light.

i have never sweat so much in my life, and my feet ache from the walking all day on the cobblestone streets, but it's incredibly worth it. the pantheon and the giant white monument...i forget it's name...were my sights for yesterday. the view from the top is of the forum and the back of the colosseum...for another day! seeing these incredible pieces of architechture is unreal. the history is almost tangible, certainly visible....i recommend a trip to rome for all.

my first class in an hour...post-warI italian cinema...ciao! love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment